Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case they lock up the article... it's apparently and "insider" article...

1. New England Patriots

Truth be told, our statistical analysis last year said the Patriots had the best 25-and-under talent in 2011, but we went with our gut instead. Lesson learned. New England had 15 significant contributors last season who qualify this season as well, but we really need only to discuss the three who helped produce the No. 3 offensive DVOA in the league. If you can believe it, tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez are still only 23 years old. Whether we look at standard or advanced stats, Gronkowski had a record-setting season: He was the first tight end ever to lead the NFL in receiving touchdowns, and also had the best receiving DYAR (defense-adjusted yards above replacement) for any tight end since 1991. To put the latter in perspective, the second-through-fourth-best tight end seasons were clustered at 357 or 358 DYAR; Gronkowski beat that by about 100 (459).

Of course, lest we forget Hernandez in New England's double-shot of matchup nightmares; he led all tight ends by breaking 21 tackles and he actually carried the ball 11 times in the team's final five games. Nate Solder (24) helped make huge tight end seasons possible by giving up only 2.5 blown-block sacks in his rookie year. With the retirement of Matt Light, Solder will switch from right tackle to left tackle, further increasing his value.

Finally, the Patriots added LB Dont'a Hightower (22) and DE Chandler Jones (22) in the draft, both of whom should contribute this season and in the future.

Times are good in New England.

Who was the jackass a few posts ago claiming the Pats were "in decline"?? After going to the SB last year??

Lol, so unfair. Rankings like that can suck my balls. You persons squeaked past the Ravens and got handled by the Giants. Don't forget worse pass defense in the league along with the Pack. The AFC is full of weaklings.

"handled"??? what was the score of that game? Welker catches ONE ball and the Pats win that game. Pfft... handled.

The Pats are one of the youngest teams out there... and just voted, basically, "most stocked" by ESPN
They went to the Super Bowl last year (fifth trip in 11 years)
They gave Brady MORE weapons
They spent a ton of draft tokens on Defense

C'mon... C'MON... Trust me... I know.... I understand you don't wanna say it... not to ME of all people but C'MON... admit it.

Seriously the pats got lucky to get past the ravens, they beat themselves more than the pats earned a win, and they suck when it counts! 😱

Seriously the Giants got lucky to get past the Pats, they beat themselves more than the Giants earned a win, and they suck when it counts! ��

I mean really??? I could say the above, but I don't. It is a game of inches. Whether that is from a terrible field goal attempt or a pass slipping through a receiver's fingers.
At least we won't have to hear that b#llsh!t this year cause the Pat's are gonna stomp other teams like Suh stomps linemen!

You've got to put yourself in a position to take advantage of whatever luck you might receive (or to be punished by bad luck). Pats are consistently right there in the mix - getting some good luck a few years, and some back luck twice against the Giants. Much rather be in that situation than San Fran, where you've only even been a part of the conversation for twelve months.

True. The Niners have only been relevant for a year out of more than a decade, after a 20 year stint of being the most dominant team in the league. Still I'd rather have Brady than any other QB not named Rodgers. Brady and Belicheck are the only things that makes the Pats what they are. Without Brady they're maybe a top 10 team.

I mean really??? I could say the above, but I don't. It is a game of inches. Whether that is from a terrible field goal attempt or a pass slipping through a receiver's fingers.
At least we won't have to hear that b#llsh!t this year cause the Pat's are gonna stomp other teams like Suh stomps linemen!

The AFC is soft, the Pats have a soft schedule. The Pats defense is soft like a woman. Brandon Lloyd is softer than a woman. A real defense will beat the **** out of them.

olllllo doesn't smack talk until the regular season starts; and opportunistic wins or losses are presented.

Hope you're doing well out there Jeep...

bluemoose said:

My favorite part is when you belittle my "outrageous" clam just to make an equally outrageous clam of your own...mudslingers

Check out the shell from THIS clam! DAMN! That thing must have been outrageous!

whole_clam_.jpg

paulthenurse said:
I'm picturing 250 guys in Cape's basement, packed nuts to butts, all wearing bowlers.

"Hello, is this the Worts? Are you accepting new members?"

Quoted for preservation ;).

For a lesser team, you would probably be right. But this year has been ordained my God.

Pete Prisco thinks he's God? Damn those New Yorkers are arrogant bastards, but not near as tasty (excluding the abundance of babes & supermodels).

Anyway, Pats are going to be pretty damn good this year. They get the automatic 6-0 playing in the minor league division. Practically warm up games for the new D.

I wasn't sure if the Packers played NE this season, so I looked at the schedule and lo and behold it was right there. Feb 3rd, 2013. And lookie there, its in New Orleans.

Wow, I can see the effort that went into writing that. Makes me thirsty as all hell.

Taking an IPA and "put your own spin on it"?

Is this kind of a Hatfield vs Hatfield thing going on here in this thread? Or have you left the loser side and finally become a Packer fan?

Haha! Anyway, bird - you still got your rookies red shirted with a clipboard? Friggen pre season hasn't even started. This is just workouts.

Here's an idea, Cape. On your next brewery tour, bring your video camera and tape real brewers brewing their beer. You can analyze the tape later and put your spin on what they're doing. You'll kick their asses.

It's ok Rob. You're pretty too.

We had to put freakin SOMETHING on the site! What the do you expect? A well thought out business plan and strategy??? Pfft! *****talk that is!!!

And wtf!?! This is a FOOTBALL thread. WTF!?!? There are PLENTY of other forums to spew you jealous propaganda!

Hey ollllllo!!! Wolverine called. He wants his mutton chops back! Give him a call!

Talk to yourself much? :p

Back