Harvesting Bottle Dregs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ailstock

Reaction score
On my trip to San Diego I picked up a couple bottles of Crrokes Staves St. Bretta and Jester Kings das wunderkind saison.
My question is what would be the best way to harvest the yeast from these bottles?

With the Jester King there is Brett, Pedio, and Lacto. Is that a culture I can use my stir plate with or should I just let it be stagnant and firmer in a small wort?
And has anyone harvested from either of these brews before?

On my trip to San Diego I picked up a couple bottles of Crrokes Staves St. Bretta and Jester Kings das wunderkind saison.
My question is what would be the best way to harvest the yeast from these bottles?

With the Jester King there is Brett, Pedio, and Lacto. Is that a culture I can use my stir plate with or should I just let it be stagnant and firmer in a small wort?
And has anyone harvested from either of these brews before?

Just to follow up on this, I harvested from a couple bottles of jester king. Used O2 and nutrient on a stir plate, with a 3 step starter. Got a crap load of yeast as a result, and had a ridiculous fermentation. I'm sitting at 0.995 right now.

Back