Russian Imperial Stout steak combo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnaratil

Reaction score
Beer on: Victory Storm King Russian Imperial Stout
Food: Bleu Cheese Grilled Steak

Take your steak, I do a local butcher 1 1/2 inch Del Monico.

I'm not going into steak prep.

1. Combine about 1/2 stick of butter and bleu cheese chunks in a pot on stove.

2. Grill steaks to your liking. While grilling heat up the bleu cheese till its a thick chunky liquid. Within 30 seconds of taking your steaks off coat them with the bleu cheese. Close lid. Then when 30 seconds is up pull em. The steaks should have a nice unhealthy thick shell of buttery bleu cheese!!!!

3. Sprinkle some fresh parsley (my garden parsley is still alive after multiple frosts?).

This was easy as heck and a fun winter griller with hardy beer in hand. They complemented each other very well. :mug:

*** I found this recipe on the net a while and did not invent.

I love blue cheese on steaks, and I love with a nice cream stout with steaks. I've never melted the blue cheese first, just sprinkle it on the steak, close the lid, and it melts right on. If you want a crust, you can put it briefly under the broiler.

This might be a good dinner for this Saturday night - thanks for the inspiration!

Back