The Official 2011 Masstoberfest Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... A cheap knock off of das boot. Who woulda thunk it? Whatta ya gonna do next Paul? Pick up a little yap dog at the pound, paint it black, white and tan and call it Norman???

Running to Benny's this weekend to grab a little yellow slip and slide on sale???

I guess I should be flattered actually.... As JV as it all is I should still take your blatant attempt to copy me as a compliment.

Awwww. That's cute.

So you JUST HAPPEN to think of a trophy for a brewing comp and you JUST HAPPEN to give each person one vote.

You're gonna start wearing glasses soon arent you? Even though ypu don't need them.

AZ_IPA said:
I have not.

I also thought about asking Soper if he's up for a road trip....but, I don't want too many AZ'ers to crash your precious little party.

Bring them along. Jefferson, Adams and Monroe are all rolling over in their graves hearing Cape claiming to have invented the concept of democracy. It will be good to have some folks who aren't residents of the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts

Bring them along. Jefferson, Adams and Monroe are all rolling over in their graves hearing Cape claiming to have invented the concept of democracy. It will be good to have some folks who aren't residents of the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts

It's a Commonwealth, not a Republic. What kind of Masshole are you?

By the way, this http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Massachusetts is wicked pissah.

My wife the Greek scholar is going to want a word with you.

I see Gila has priced airfare....

Getting closer to blowing the top off of epic!

Well, if Gila is in, I'm in. That should knock the epicness level back down a few notches.

AZ, you price out Forrest's airfare so you can have a roommate?

Well, if Gila is in, I'm in. That should knock the epicness level back down a few notches.

AZ, you price out Forrest's airfare so you can have a roommate?

Do you think you're Prius could make it that far without a battery replacement?

Oh, and this post is reported. :p

I'm starting to get a bit apprehensive about this party after my dear friend the_bird tells me yesterday that he plans on doing anything and everything to see that I get lead away in handcuffs.
I'd be careful if I were you, Jay. I'd feel real bad if I happened to mention something to the police leading me away about the five gigs of 'special pictures' on your computer.

It absolutely boggles my mind why you insist on mentioning ideas that I hadn't thought of that will only lead to your misery.

Getting Paulie arrested! That's BRILLIANT.

Hell, maybe I WILL show up for a bit now.

Nah... I'm just kidding. I'm not showin.

Tempting. I may try to make my way to this one - haven't been able to make this in years past.

Joe C said:
Tempting. I may try to make my way to this one - haven't been able to make this in years past.

Tempting, hell! 'Tempting' is that hot new secretary they hired down in Purchasing. This is Masstoberfest! This is one of life's great moments.

Actually, that secretary would probably be one of life's even greater moments, but you know what I mean.

PTN

Always been willing to recognize a good idea when I see one and been even more willing to adopt it. So I'm going down into my cellar and breaking out the Mass glasses and we're going to have a Stein Hoisting Contest at Masstoberfest. I believe I have at least 5, if any of you guys have one bring it along. Maybe that's what we can use to determine who wins the Masstoberfest Cup. Imagine the bragging rights!

BTW, talked to Mrs Babalu today. The big guy will be there!

I had no idea what you were talking about with this "Stein Hoisting" contest until you told me. I know I won't win, but I guara-****ing-T I can hold out longer than the tubby ****. You want to make it interesting, big guy?

Stein Hoist- (n) a competition, generally held at beer festivals, in which competitors are each given a full stein of beer to hold out parallel to the ground, using one hand, only until they are no longer able to do so. The person who holds their stein out the longest wins.

Pardon the interruption, just thought it might be worth mentioning an actual brewers event happening soon...
http://www.massbrewersguild.org/craft-beer/index.php/2011/06/587/

Sadly, I'll be battling the unwashed masses on I-90/84/684/87/287/78 traveling to visit relatives...

Cheers!

["We now return y'all to the witty repartee, already in progress" ;) ]

Pardon the interruption,

["We now return y'all to the witty repartee, already in progress" ;) ]

With sarcasm like that in your armamentorium you'd be a natural at Masstoberfest, Tripper. Hope you can make it. You should hook up with bird and road trip out together.

Of course, there would be that uncomfortable silence on the drive home after he gets schooled by all the ladies at the Masstoberfest Stein Hoist.

THAT'S your big "I'm going to try to make my piddly little party different from my idol Cape's in some way" idea??? Who can hold a beer mug longest???

Wow. How can I turn down such riviting entertainment???

Can you imagine if I didn't show and then had to live with the horror of knowing someone held a mug for like... THREE MINUTES... and I MISSED it!?!?

Back