Spent Grain Dog Treats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoman

Reaction score
I just recently made a batch of spent grain dog treats out of the specialty grains of my Chocolate Milk Stout. This may be a dumb question, but I wanted to be 100% certain that the 0.75 lbs Fawcett Pale Chocolate Malt was only named that because of its resemblance to chocolate and that it does not actually contain chocolate. I do not want to give me dog treats laced with chocolate and have something bad happen.

In short, does the Fawcett Pale Chocolate Malt actually contain chocolate?

Thanks

Chocolate malt is just a roasted malt. The chocolate refers to the color flavor profile of the roasted malt, not because they added chocolate.

Good luck,

Bakers choc is not the only choc bad for dogs. Bakers choc is the worse and can be the most dangerous in small amounts. But all choc is not good for dogs. So don't anyone go feeding your dogs choc. Basically bakers choc is the worse then Dark then milk and white choc is the least dangerous. Not saying if you give a 80lb dog a hershey bar hes going to die. But if a small dog such as a yorkie eats that it can get very ill start vomiting and diarrhea and get very dehydrated and some cases die. Choc malt fine but any other choc not healthy for dogs weather it be Bakers choc or not.

Back