free kegerator, help me with these wires

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

straycat

Reaction score
both are black and not connected. any ideas on how to proceed? buddy grabbed this for free, want to see if we can get it running. let me know what questions and additional info you need and thanks in advance.

keggercopy.jpg

What model freezer is this? This LG compressors appears to be used by almost every brand.

Gotta say.... makes one wonder if the reason that someone pillaged those parts from it is because the compressor is shot or it has a coolant leak.

Yeah, no idea on the history. It's a haierHBF05EBSS-01. From the PDF it looks like both the starting capacitor and the overload protector. Bummer. Anybody think there is a reason to invest more time etc?

After this weekend when I post my "A cure for a dead freezer" thread you may find it will still fit your needs.

I'm using a radiator from an infrared heater and some fans to cool mine since the compressor died.

Yup, missing the relay, overload and capacitor. Not uncommon for a relay to fail. Might have a locked up compressor. The only way to know for sure is get a new relay/overload and start capacitor and install it.

overall it looks good, no dings etc. cleaned up good with some dish soap and a towel. any ideas on worth trying to replace the capacitor and overload protector?

insidejl.jpg

outsidex.jpg

backqvs.jpg

After a little research, Haier doesn't sell the electrical's separate from the compressor on this unit. (Not really all that uncommon for Haier) So i would call a service tech and see if maybe they can wire up an relay kit or a 3-n-1 kit to get it going. If it needs a compressor your gonna need a tech anyway to do the install. The compressor will run 150-200 bucks and install will be at least that much.

They are not all the same. It depends on your machine. Check your schematic. The 3-n-1 that you show is for a 1/4-1/3 hp compressor w/o run capacitor (still uses a start capacitor). In a lot of refrigeration units Run and Start capacitors are different components and still others don't use either.

So just guessing but your compressor is probably only a 1/8th or 1/12th hp and probably used a run capacitor. Your schematic for the machine will be able to tell you.

Latest posts

Back