Woman brews so her dog can drink too!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have a Siberian Husky who loved beer. If I was doing yardwork or something in the backyard he would steal mine all the time. He would take the can and carefully carry it to the patio. Then he would lay it on its side and drink it and chew up the can.

Beef flavored non-alcoholic beer for dogs, I'm sure that would be real popular with a lot of the HBT clients haha

isnt there a company that distributes beer made specifically for dogs? i could have sworn i saw something like that a little while ago.

I wonder if you couldn't just do a small beer from a 3rd and 4th runnings off of an AG batch sparge. It should end up being a very low ABV beer...

Quilyn

Someone brought a sixer of "Miluakee's Best" to our place a while back for some social event or other and left most of 'em in the fridge. I'll take one can every so often and put a pinhole in it, then shake it up and toss it to the dogs. It makes the best dog toy ever. They'll chase the spray and lick the can for several minutes. When they start chewing the can, I'll open it up and pour the rest out for 'em. They love it. No beef flavor required, and sharing it between the two of them at a total dog weight of 165, I'm not worried about drunken doggies.

Beef flavored, that rubs me wrong. I wouldn't let a member of my family drink the stuff. I'd offer real beer like others here have said. Heck, I offer my cat beer all the time, but she freaks out and steps back. Its her fault, she is a total scardicat and must think I'm crazy. Oh well, more for me.

This reminds me of a story...

My mom's garden used to have all these slugs. Slugs eat plants, so she wanted to get rid of 'em. She read somewhere that you can kill slugs by putting some beer (cheap, cheap beer) in a bowl, the slugs are attracted to it, then they drown. Well, this seemed like a great idea: no pesticides and safe for the plants. Sure enough, only minutes after she puts it out, the dog goes and drinks all the beer. I miss that dog.

My current dog is more of a wino, but he's a poodle, so it makes sense.

Back