Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated the spreadsheet to show payments. I will continue to do that periodically. Once all the payments are in I will withdraw the funds and once everything is in my account I will place the order. Keep those payments coming.

Is anybody interested in buying 5# of Roasted Barley from me? I don't really need 10# of Roasted Barley.

A mistake was made by me in adding a sack to the pallet and then the person added a sack to the pallet. So we can now add the only specialty malt that didn't make pallet #2, but we need somebody to step up and take .2 of a bag of Dark Munich.

I will take the Roast barley. are you putting the Drk munich back on the list? if we are then bump me back to my original .3.

I will take the Roast barley. are you putting the Drk munich back on the list? if we are then bump me back to my original .3.

Let me make sure that the last guy in really doesn't want his .2. The Roasted Barley will be waiting on you.

Bobby and Dave, what is going to be the turn around from time the order is placed to when we will do the splitting? I am going to do my damnedest to make it to this one seeing how I am one of the buyers on the high end of the spectrum.

Bobby and Dave, what is going to be the turn around from time the order is placed to when we will do the splitting? I am going to do my damnedest to make it to this one seeing how I am one of the buyers on the high end of the spectrum.

The turn around time depends on all who ordered. My guess is the order will be placed next week with a delivery date of the following Friday. We will do distribution on the Saturday.

We are going to be updating the spreadsheet in a day or so. Please make sure you check it in the next day or two. We are adding the Dark Munich to the pallet and the DME price should be updated.

keg2881 said:
I forsee a sixer of something from Founders coming your way Dave and Bobby. Just sayin'

My mother in law just today brought me from Lexington Founders: Dirty Bastard, Pale Ale, Centennial IPA, and Porter. Drinking a Dirty now, awsome. Hey Keg if you can pick me up one or all of these I would greatly appreciate it and pay you for:
Three floudes dreadnaught
New holland pumpkin
Great lakes Lockness.
Or trade for some above. Let me know thanks.

Stevo2569 said:
My mother in law just today brought me from Lexington Founders: Dirty Bastard, Pale Ale, Centennial IPA, and Porter. Drinking a Dirty now, awsome. Hey Keg if you can pick me up one or all of these I would greatly appreciate it and pay you for:
Three floudes dreadnaught
New holland pumpkin
Great lakes Lockness.
Or trade for some above. Let me know thanks.

Stevo wished I had known. My sister just came back from Holland last weekend. Had her grab me two sixes of two hearted. Could have hooked you up!!

you guys can get two hearted in bowling green at chucks.

just paid. I should bring a belgian single and gumballhead take that wasn't there then added some raspberry to be a raspberry wheat but the hops showed up late and so a semi gumballhead with raspberry to it kinda interesting.

The turn around time depends on all who ordered. My guess is the order will be placed next week with a delivery date of the following Friday. We will do distribution on the Saturday.

Really? :confused: I will be in South Bend, IN Oct 28 - 30 for the Notre Dame vs Navy game. I guess I could swing by and pickup my grain on the way home...

1234 said:
Delivery depends on when money is in my account. A 3,300 order can wreck a account that doesn't have 3,300 in it.

I put the check in the out bound box at work yesterday afternoon. Should have gotten picked up this morning

you notre dame bound guys gonna see if you can get some gumballhead for us???

I have so far 7 1gallon mayo jugs (these hold 5#) and 16 2 gallon icing buckets (should hold 10#) after I get the splits I need in buckets these are far game. I will probably have more by the pickup.

Any ideas how I can get the smell out of tubs that held whey protein? The vanilla seems to fade over time, but anything with chocolate holds on to the smell. Certainly doesn't smell bad, just don't want to store grain in them. I have about 6-7 tubs which would work really well...if only I can get the smell out of them...

try baking soda soak or bleach soak i run the buckets thru our dishwasher at work (180f) it gets rid of alot of smells besides the pickle smell.

Any ideas how I can get the smell out of tubs that held whey protein? The vanilla seems to fade over time, but anything with chocolate holds on to the smell. Certainly doesn't smell bad, just don't want to store grain in them. I have about 6-7 tubs which would work really well...if only I can get the smell out of them...

If its got a cardboard / paper seal on the lid you need to get rid of it. Then throw in some crumpled black and white news paper and baking soda for a few days. then soak and wash with vinigar and baking soda. Works on tupperware and coffe containers but takes a few days.

As far as containers go I use some 2.5 gallon Hefty One Zip Jumbo bags from Walmart. Holds 10lbs and the plastic bag I usually get from Rebel. 2.98 for 12 of them. Would be real close for an 11lb split.

Yeah they don't have cardboard on the lids, just plastic. I've done the oxy soak, PBW/hot water, bleach, baking soda paste/rinsed with white vinegar. I will try the newspaper idea. Other than that, they may not be able to used. I do use the Ziploc 3 gal bags....work really well. But I had all these containers and hoped they could be re-used. Thanks for the suggestions. :mug:

They gave us a quote originally for LME. The DME is more expensive, if you paid early take a look at the Lamont due and then what you paid. If they are equal then you are good.

I got 2 checks in the mail today, Les and Michael Pratt. I am only waiting on Motleybrews and Bobby H. I will try to place the order tomorrow with a delivery date for next Friday.

SWEET motleybrews rules

bobby you suck I gotta work that saturday till 4 but maybe I can build OT to get outta there early. I will have to swing by and drop off buckets 4 every1 here this week let me know when is good.

I am leaving town for the weekend, Chattanooga amd Atlamta here I come. Any brew that I just have to pick-up? I will be home all next week by 7 pm. I am in the metro center area for work now, let me know what works best for you on the buckets.

My wives birthday is the weekend of our split, which means that I will a dinner party that night. I will need a lot of help on Saturday morning.

wives? how many you got this isn't Utah you know... I come thru that area everyday after work or can its 1 of the route to take. so anyday would be good for me.

Can you get the grain Friday night? I could help after work I could take the truck and get some of it then if your down for a working night after work. that way it could expedite things saturday morning.

Back