minimum volume

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankstoneline

Reaction score
getting ready to start an electric kettle build, i was curious what the minimum volume to cover an element was installed in a straight side sankey using weldless fittings? tried a search adn didnt see anything, sorry if this is covered thoroughly somewhere.

3 gallons covers mine but I usually go 4 gallons just to be on the safe side. I guess you could install it lower but I like being able to get underneath it to clean.

Same for mine, about 3-4 gallons. I am using a 15.5 gallon kettle.

3 gallons covers mine but I usually go 4 gallons just to be on the safe side. I guess you could install it lower but I like being able to get underneath it to clean.

my element was installed as low as I possibly could get it, and it is submerged when I have a little less than 3 gallons in the kettle (converted 15.5 gallon sanke)

I have a float switch. I've never needed it either but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Cheap insurance... they're like $10 for stainless ones on ebay.

Back