This guy worth the cash?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrotherFreeman

Reaction score
I have a potential source for what looks like a True GDM19-T, looks like this:

True GDM-19T-F Glass Door Freezer Merchandiser - 19 Cu. Ft.

I already have a small-dorm style fridge kegerator so I'm not too concerned with converting it so much as a fermenter? Asking price is $500 and it works fine from what I can tell. Thoughts and thing i should think about before I buy it?

Side note, it definitely is not a GDM-19T because that is a freezer, this one is a fridge but looks just like the 19.

I owned one back when I had a video store. If the lines in the wall clog its unrepairable. That pissed me off. Until that happened, I loved it. I would want it running and super cold when I saw it. Not warm and he plugs it in to show you "it works"
I don't know if that helps?

abit, thanks! Its running full-time right now and have been in and out of the location numerous times and seen the unit there. He just recently put it up for sale.

I have 2 by Beverage air units a little smaller than the one you are looking at and they work great as fermentation chambers or for storing beer, etc. I might use one as a kegerator, but will have to open the door to use the taps.

I don't think that the line run through the side walls like residential units. I am pretty sure that the cold air blows down from the top and nothing is in the foam in the sides or back.

Other than the expense, I think they make some of the best ferm chambers going. Add a pad / flexible sheet heater and a 2 stage Ranco, and you have a perfect chamber. Mine will fit a 12 gallon conical.

Back