need help beer is to bitter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scruett

Reaction score
I just made my first batch and did everything that your to do and when i was bottled it.I tryed some and it was bitter. Muntons American Light, and MALT SYRUP EXTRACT,Muntons Extract Extra Light. I Hope that i get this masterd so that i can make it from grains.
Thanks to everyone for the great help and advice.

Let it condition for about 3 weeks and you might be suprised how the bitterness has mellowed. Don't give up yet. :mug:

Welcome to the forum!:mug:

Muntons American Light, and MALT SYRUP EXTRACT,Muntons Extract Extra Light.

Congrats on your brew!

I'm assuming this is a hopped kit? How did you make it? Certainly do NOT throw it out..... you would never believe how many people do this at the first sign of trouble. It will mellow.... remember it is really green beer now.

the way the guys a the brew shop in oklahoma city give you there way of doing no-boil kits Very Eazy. I made sure everything was clean and Sanitizing was not as bad as i thought it would be. I boiled a gal water? "no boil Huh?" added the Muntons American Light can to the boilling water and mix it well and the same with the Muntons Extract Extra Light. Added the other 4 gal of water. Cooled down to around 76 and added yeast and then but my lid and air lock on my Fermenting Bucket. Let sit for 7 days. Then moved it to my carboy for 5 days and then put it back in the fermenting bucket and I added priming sugar 3/4 cup and bottled it up. Had some left in Primary Fermenter after Bottling was done and put in a glass. it was bitter not much taste either But it did smell like little king beer. Well I guess i just have to wait a few more weeks.

:rockin:

Usually the conditioned beer tastes nothing like the finished product. As others have said, the bitterness will mellow with time. If after one month in the bottles it is too bitter, you can add some non fermentable sugar (like splenda) to each bottle upon drinking it. Next time try a good solid 60 min boil using real hops or pellets. You'll find you can control the bitterness to your taste with that method. Not to mention the beer will just plain taste better as well!

chillHayze said:
Usually the conditioned beer tastes nothing like the finished product. As others have said, the bitterness will mellow with time. If after one month in the bottles it is too bitter, you can add some non fermentable sugar (like splenda) to each bottle upon drinking it. Next time try a good solid 60 min boil using real hops or pellets. You'll find you can control the bitterness to your taste with that method. Not to mention the beer will just plain taste better as well!
...and switch over to DME...:D ;)

The last Post i said it was bitter. I just cracked one of my first homebrews open and I is is better than what I though it would be Not Bitter!! It is a little darker and rich than what I like But It will work on Mastering the No-boil kits and then get to do the more Involved In doing diffrent kind of Brewing. I Love this I think that is is great. Thanks to everyone that has helped hope that when I go that other step in my homebrew that I get as good help as I did this first time thanks !!!:ban:

And I was only in the first week and two days in geting to set up for co2 thanks

Back