Beer Mixing Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For instance, I've tried Rogue Chipotle Ale and Chocolate Stout, which kind of worked. But I thought I'd seek the opinions of the masses! I'm familiar with the more common black and tans and ale and hard cider.

Thanks in advance!

A local brewery mixes their porter with framboise. Nothing I would drink, but my wife enjoys it. They also mix their 9.2% wee heavy(FAT Scotch ale) with a red (ridgetop red) creating FRED. Supposedly its pretty good, but again, nothing I would do.

Here in Lansing, Mi Michigan brewing company has a large collection of mixes you can order at the brew pubs. Some great combo's when you give them a chance.

A local brewery mixes their porter with framboise. Nothing I would drink, but my wife enjoys it. They also mix their 9.2% wee heavy(FAT Scotch ale) with a red (ridgetop red) creating FRED. Supposedly its pretty good, but again, nothing I would do.

A wee-heavy and red, that's not something I'd ever imagine doing. Here in Portland, one of the local breweries mixes and blends several of their brews, a lot of which are sours. Some work, and some miss it.

I like to mix Stouts with Pumpkin ales in the fall. It can be fun finding new combinations in both quaffable libation and name... case in point, a buddy and I were mixing Captain Lawence Pumpkin Ale with Smuttynose Snowblower stout... after several pints of this concoction, we merged the name down to Captain Smutty's Pump and Blow... Boys will be boys!

I like to mix Stouts with Pumpkin ales in the fall. It can be fun finding new combinations in both quaffable libation and name... case in point, a buddy and I were mixing Captain Lawence Pumpkin Ale with Smuttynose Snowblower stout... after several pints of this concoction, we merged the name down to Captain Smutty's Pump and Blow... Boys will be boys!

Thanks, I'll have to give that combo a try when fall roles around!

Back