Got my filtration...now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
Few questions...

How do you clean the filtration system and the filters? I know that the filters have a limited number of uses, so how many uses can I expect to get out of a 1 micron and 5 micron filter?

PS...the rogue dead guy ale clone came out crystal clear. Here's a video of the filtration unit in action...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps-Rmt9v4mM&NR=1"]Worst Croc Hunter Impression Ever In My Spare Time[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude was that Alligator Adventures in Myrtle Beach? I'm from Charlotte as well and I was just there on Sunday! Oh, and sweet filter. I actually just listened to a BN podcast. My understanding is you can use the filters until they get gummed up. In other words it will be obvious when they need to be changed. I think it all depends on what you push through them. Look it up, but I think you want to keep those filters wet if possible.

I forget the aquarium name, but we had to take a ferry to get to it..just north of charleston i believe somewhere...

yes...boo you! lol!

Wanted to send along an update...the dead guy ale is carbing...here's the finished (uncarbed) crystal clear product...first time I've ever been able to see the bubbles on the backside of the glass...that's a beer I'm proud of, and it tastes pretty dang good for being this early too...can't wait for mid july once she ages a bit!

222157_899583291268_55710621_42739648_6176806_n.jpg

sorry rino...its clear, send your love letter :D

Wanted to let you guys know I used some beer line cleaner and reversed the flow through the filter, and they came out clean as a whistle. It's a bit more tedious, but will make the filters last a lot longer...I think. Another person suggested simply soaking the filters in star san and then leaving them out to dry. I just tried the BLC because my tap line was pretty nasty...

Back