Tapping my beer fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleAught

Reaction score
I've decided that I'm going to install four taps on my beer fridge. After looking at all the hardware needed I'm not sure if I know what the hell I'm doing :) and am looking for a little advice.

Currently I have four pin lock kegs. I use two at a time now with a duel regulator system and picnic taps.

What I currently have picked out is as follows...

4x - 5-1/8" Shank with Faucet Assembly....do I need a nipple shank?
4x - Coupling Nut, Tail Piece Nipple , Washer for Beer Line
20' - 5/16" CO2 Pressure Hose - Red
2x - 2-way Manifold (for use on each regulator)
40' - 3/16" Beer Line Clear, Beer Hose

Am I missing anything? I'm looking at more beer hose than I probably need but wanted extra on each keg to limit the amount of foam, good or bad?

Thanks for any advice. I was looking at buying a kegerator, but the cheapest was 600 for two taps, this is half that and I get four.

Thanks again...

You'd be surprised how short of a shank you can get away with using for modern fridges (only insulation in the door). I decided to put all four taps in the thinnest part of the door and 5 inches is plenty. I would say you have more than enough line to accomplish this task.

I would do some research and figure out how much line per psi you need to prevent foam. I think I run at 9-10 psi and use around 6 feet of beer line.

johngault007 said:
You'd be surprised how short of a shank you can get away with using for modern fridges (only insulation in the door). I decided to put all four taps in the thinnest part of the door and 5 inches is plenty. I would say you have more than enough line to accomplish this task.

I would do some research and figure out how much line per psi you need to prevent foam. I think I run at 9-10 psi and use around 6 feet of beer line.

Thanks for the reply...I have the hardware ordered...this time next week I should be good. Painting the fridge this weekend with chalkboard paint before installing the taps

Latest posts

Back