BCS-460 Issue changing the temperature in state properties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimWeber

Reaction score
I posted this on the ECC forum as well. Thought I would post it here too.

I am just going to copy/paste this from that forum.

I just received my BSC-460. I have it hooked up to two SSRs, and I have two thermistors hooked up to it. I tested both circuits by running each on a set point temperature PID controlled, so I know everything is wired up correctly.

I am now playing with multiple states.

I can set the setpoint temperature in state 0 and I have it count down for 30 seconds then have an exit condition to move to state 1. When I try to edit the temperature in state 1 and hit apply or refresh the input temperature changes from my set point and back to the default. What am I doing wrong!?

I am just trying to learn at the moment, and have a heater blowing on to the thermistor. All I want to do heat the thermistor at 90F for 30 seconds then start heating at 105 when the time is up. Is there a setting that I am missing?

I guess there is a know issue that sometimes (depending on the network), the refresh generated from the Apply is faster and gets the previous (old) data, so it looks like the new settings didn't take effect. In fact they did, just hit Refresh again.

That doesn't seem to be working.

I can edit anything I want in state 0. As soon as I move to state 1 any thing I change in the current state properties resets when I press apply. If I press refresh afterward, there is no change, the setting remain in the default state.

I have the controller plugged directly into my computer with about 5 feet of cable.

I was using firefox. It doesnt mater which process I am in, as soon as I try to edit something in a state higher than state 0, I press apply, all new changes are reset, wait a couple of seconds then press refresh, and nothing happens.

I am going to try a couple more things. I want to run though my LAN network to see if I can slow down the data transfer, Ill try another computer, and Ill see if a different browser works.

Has anyone else had this issue?? Sorry for the copy/paste for the guys that use both forums.

Yup, I just used a different computer. I never did figure out what was causing the problem.

Back