Aftr this one, I promise I'm done for a few...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkaBoneBenny

Reaction score
So here's the last label I'm going to post for a while. Maybe a week or two. I just get so into making these labels. Maybe it's a way to put off working on my thesis. Or worrying about work. Yeah, probably both of those. And then I figure once I have a label, I have to brew the beer soon. It's not even my choice. Anyways, here's the Samuel Waterston White Whale IPA label in all its glory.

1371428290_l.jpg

So I don't know if my odd enjoyment of Law and Order can help fuel any of this label madness, but have you seen this picture of our friend Samuel? Might make for a good label at some point, especially if you can "spice" it up with some manly facial hair. Or maybe even for a neck label (I'm imagining this inside of some olive branches for some reason) From the movie "A House Divided". Thanks IMDB.

287054854_2d15cdac50_o.jpg

[edit: I don't think IMDB likes it when I link to their images, had to upload to an external site]

Ditto the insane comment...and I won't even bother to "go there" with the questionable lifestyle comment...

But your Photoshop skills are pretty damn good!

Ha! Another person with odd enjoyment of Law and Order. Yeah that's a great pic. I never saw a House Divided but it would be great to use for a more "old-school" label. Maybe for some more European Beers? Hmmmm.... There's also some good pics of him from The Killing Fields where he looks very different as well. What an actor!
-Ben

P.S. How do you go about doing your neck labels? Do you have a template or anything?

Looking around here a little, I found a few threads worth checking out.

Not sure if you're into the whole TeX thing, or LaTeX, here's thread about it (beware there's picture label in there titled "Mangina", so don't scroll down, for your souls sake)

But they reference a .pdf that has a template on it, which you can find here

That ought to at least get you into the right ballpark in terms of size/ shape.

One more thread, but not a lot of specifics, looks like the shape is the same though.

I have more trouble filling up bottles with beer right now, and haven't even started worrying about labels yet. (that's what graphic design roommates are for, I hope)

Back