What to Brew!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Zac

Reaction score
Brewed a Scottish Ale for my first ever beer and its in the bottles conditioning away. Now i really don't know what to brew next. What are some favorites from all you other home brewers? I must say one of my favorite beers is Chimay white/blue. Is there anything that tastes similar to that? I was thinking maybe doing a belgium tripel kit. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

I'm a new brewer myself. My strategy is to work from the same recipe (obtained from my LHBS) but tweak a single element with each batch. For my first batch, I followed the recipe exactly. For my 2nd, I used a different yeast. For my next batch, I'm tweaking the hops and only using a single hop variety so that I know what I'm tasting. Then I will tweak my steeping grains. After that, I will venture a bit. I want to do a Chimay Grand Reserve clone as you had mentioned. That stuff is sooooo delicious. I figure that once I've built up a big stockpile of brews, it won't be hard to leave a big beer in the back of my closet to age.

Just keep brewing. The process takes so long, I don't think you can brew too much.

Latest posts

Back