Any 1028 London Ale Yeast IPA Recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverme

Reaction score
Any recipes out there for an IPA or blonde with this yeast? I've always used 1056 but never experimented with this 1 in an IPA or blonde.

Hop stoopid uses London ale, and it's my favorite dipa by far. I did the hop stoopid clone and it was the best brew I've ever made. Search for the hop stoopid clone on here.

Resurrecting this old thread. Giving this yeast a try on an ipa recipe from scrstch. Hoping it turns out nice.

I'm drinking a no-frills pale ale right now (my first with 1028) and it's great. I'm planning to use it in Yooper's Hoppy American Amber next weekend, and hopes are high.

I tried it because I saw a thread or two saying that it works well with hops AND does a great job of preserving malty character. Here's a link to the smarter-than-me fellas who figured that out.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/substitute-pacman-yeast-dead-guy-clone-136960/

well this thread makes me feel a hell of alot better. I just accidentally switched strains and pitched 1028 into our IPA, was supposed to get pacman.

Our Stout is going to be pitched with Pacman now. Was concerned about the 1028 mix-up, not really the pac though.

Had too many flasks sitting next to each other.

Keep it on the cool side. I have read that the English esters can show up if you get into the upper mid-60s, but it's nice and clean in the low to mid 60s. And it's one of those fast fermenters that can make the temperature run away a little bit.

But it's a great yeast! A happy accident.

Many thanks for the fast reply, will adjust temps accordingly. Awesome

I use wlp013 London ale for now for just about anything I would use Chico for and like it much better. So you had a very happy accident:mug:

My ipa I did turned out very nice. It's in my recipes next to my avatar.

Back