Home Bar Keezer Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mi6op

Reaction score
Hi I'm in the process of planning a renovation in my basement for a bar. I'm going to put in a draft setup and want to have around 4 handles maybe up to 4 cornys and a sanke. But my question is what are some good ideas to have this keezer a part of the bar but be able to access it to replace kegs, clean etc. The tower would be coming out of the top and I am going to have a bar top already that is not the lid to the keezer, so I how can I open the lid with all this going on?

Second question is where can I find more people's home bar builds around here. I've used the search option on this site and that did ok but I know there are many other builds that I've looked at in the past and can't seem to find now so I know there are a good number of threads out there for my eager eyes!

Thanks for your help.

I would do one of two things. Either put it on casters so you can wheel it out (leaving the top flush with countertop but obviously not one with countertop....or, have the keezer itself be able to slide out like a drawer. There was a guy on here that did that, but I am unable to locate the thread. You'd need some crazy heavy duty slider bars for that...but it's an option.

It's be much easier if you can get a freezer with a front opening door rather than a top door imo...but I'm sure with the many minds here someone can help with some other ideas.

I am also trying to figure out the best way to do this. I don’t want the bar top to be the lid. I was thinking about having a keezer that slid in and out on wheels under the bar top and the taps on a box permanently attached to the bar. I was thinking about using water supply lines like used under a sink to attach to the back of the keezer after it was slid in, but this might cause foaming.

The only way I can picture doing this is having the freezer on wheels/sliders and having some semi-long beer lines running to your taps that can accomodate the need to pull the freezer out 3-4' without disconnecting your lines from the taps themselves.

For searching for bar builds, do a search within the DIY forum using the "search this forum" button instead of using the search bar at the top of the page and you might get better results.

Back