Frankfurt / Bamberg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not since '96. Was stationed in Mannheim then, about 45 minutes away. The red light district is kind've a trip. Seems every doorway you walk by some big dude that spoke no English, or no German in some cases, would try to push you in inside. "You have sex with my sister!"

Have a great time! I haven't been there since 1983, so I don't have any recommendations for you.

I used to live in downtown Frankfurt, though. I had an apartment above a gay bar, and it was really nice because it was pretty quiet and the guys sitting outside never hassled me at all when I walked by.

I've been to Bamberg (and a few other places around Germany and Belgium recently). For some ideas, check out a "trip report" on our homebrew club pages:

http://www.aleiens.com/profiles/blogs/bamberg-tour-live

(More trip reports are found under the Blogs heading.)

Enjoy your trip - I'm heading back to Cologne next week as well!

-e

Awesome! That post was precisely what I am looking for. This has been about the third time an Aleien has helped me out. Kudos to you and your club. I just set up our local club (ASH) on ning too!

Back