Daleside Monkey Wrench - refrigerate only 10 minutes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOKEU

Reaction score
I bought a few bottles of Daleside Monkey Wrench strong ale (5.3%ABV), and on the label it says 'Do not refrigerate for more than 10 minutes', What's up with that?

Likely, the brewer intended it to be consumed at "cellar temperature," which is around 55° F.

FYI, I moved the thread to "Commercial Brew Discussion" and changed the title to something a little more specific.

Likely, the brewer intended it to be consumed at "cellar temperature," which is around 55° F.

FYI, I moved the thread to "Commercial Brew Discussion" and changed the title to something a little more specific.

Pretty stupid instructions IMO. If for some reason my storage area is @ 70 degrees 10 minutes in the refrigerator won't come close to dropping the beer to cellar temp. Perhaps a less cryptic message that states "Best when served at xx*" would be more useful. :)

Back