Naming my baby girl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppymonkey

Reaction score
I just had the scariest %^%*%*% happen to me ever. Saturday morning my wife and I went to get one of those 3D ultrasound pictures done. She is 32 weeks pregnant and we had went the week before and failed to get a decent pic. Within 2 minutes of getting in there the technician said she didn't want to scare us or our other young daughter, but we needed to go straight to the emergency room and she didn't think it would matter which one we would go to because it looked like the heart was shivering rather than beating. Long story short, we had an emergency C-section and my daughter has a condition that causes her heart to beat super fast sometimes. She and Mother are much improved now, but now we don't have a name for her. The wife wants some type of name to correlate to the trauma of it all like something that means perserverance, etc. Got any ideas?

Wow, that is scary. I can't imagine going through that. So glad to hear they're improving. Definitely sent some prayers your way.

Is there a female family member that is particularly strong and/or perseveres? You could name her after that family member..."from the day you were born, you had the strength of ______"

Thanks guys! I needed some outside ideas. The wife and My eyes were hurting from looking at all the names online.

I'm sorry to hear that's how it went down but glad everyone is OK.

Claudia, it means persevering.

Keep strong for your wife. We went through something similar with our daughter. She was born with some kind of abnormal electrical focus (something like that) that caused her heart to race at about twice the normal rate. She was born vaginally, as sometimes (at least) it's a condition that corrects itself during the birthing process. Didn't work in our case, so we had to spend a couple nights in the *big* hospital while they did all kinds of monitoring and testing.

She ended up on a beta blocker for a year, over which time the heart healed itself - and now, she's fine. Just a PITA having to wake her up at 2:00AM every morning for her med!

It's not fun, it's scary as hell going through that, but keep positive and keep strong.

Keep strong for your wife. We went through something similar with our daughter. She was born with some kind of abnormal electrical focus (something like that) that caused her heart to race at about twice the normal rate. She was born vaginally, as sometimes (at least) it's a condition that corrects itself during the birthing process. Didn't work in our case, so we had to spend a couple nights in the *big* hospital while they did all kinds of monitoring and testing.

She ended up on a beta blocker for a year, over which time the heart healed itself - and now, she's fine. Just a PITA having to wake her up at 2:00AM every morning for her med!

It's not fun, it's scary as hell going through that, but keep positive and keep strong.

Yeah, That is basically what they are telling us now. We named her Adelia Hope and she is doing better today. They took her off the oxygen and we were able to hold her this morning. Man, I can't wait for the first brew day after we get her home.

congrats! some friends are going through something similar right now ~ 8months into pregnancy

beautiful name and i'm guessing an equally beautiful daughter

:mug:

Back