My favorite country songs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with some scantily clad young hip swinging country gals singing Cotton Eyed Joe!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Country Roads" Even though I'm not from West Virginia, and not everybody is, probably the reason people love this song so much is because it does take you home to earlier days, it does for me that's for sure.

Operator, another great song that brings us home.

Thank you for bringing back great memories Urbanmyth!

It's my pleasure.

Ever since moving out to the county after graduating high school, once I finally accepted that "out here" was home, John Denver became perfect driving music. After just two summers in farm country, the slightly sweet smell of a freshly manured field is a dream compared to downtown Chicago my freshman year of college.

It's my pleasure.

Ever since moving out to the county after graduating high school, once I finally accepted that "out here" was home, John Denver became perfect driving music. After just two summers in farm country, the slightly sweet smell of a freshly manured field is a dream compared to downtown Chicago my freshman year of college.

Haha.. I kinda know what you mean. The smell of skunk, not in the face skunk, but lingering broken down scent of the must is very comforting for some reason. On rare occasion I get a whiff of it here in California and it takes me back 30 years ago to my home to Illinois.

I haven't figured out how to post YouTube videos from my phone, but the live version of 'Seven Bridges Road' sung by Keith Urban and Sugarland is a good listen.

I haven't figured out how to post YouTube videos from my phone, but the live version of 'Seven Bridges Road' sung by Keith Urban and Sugarland is a good listen.

Is this the right one AZ_IPA? Love this song! Thank you!

This is for you Pappy.

Think you first told me about this song. Not sure if is the same video, to many homebrews ago.

:mug:

Seems Johnny Cash is remembered more after his death than he was while he was alive...

Some of my Favorites, as Dan requested I post them.

I love old country. My wife thinks I'm crazy figuring most of these songs came out and where hits before I was even born, (ETC's Holding her, loving you came out the year I was born to age me.) I'll keep posting a few others over the next week or 8.

I like almost all the "old country songs" and was raised on Merle Haggard, Oak Ridge Boys and Hank Williams Jr. I am not a huge fan of country music, especially modern country. I am also not a huge fan of Rap music. However the two combined into what I call "Crap" can be pretty entertaining... Just give it a try before running me out of town...

:tank:

and my personal favorite, also about home brew ;)

:mug:

^^
Misc-Burn_him.jpg

Now I am in a 90's country kind of mood

I feel dirty and ashamed for leaving this classic out for so long-

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=952h-AJ3Bcg&feature=related[/ame]

A couple more-

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9ozx1-oT0"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9ozx1-oT0[/ame]

countrygringo. Thank you friend!

I haven't heard Uneasy Rider in way to many years, don't remember it being a CD song but loved every second of the one you posted.

I nominate your post of Hank Williams Jr "All My Rowdy Friends Settled Down" as the best post yet!

Was great to see Hank singing with a room full of legendary country artists, having fun and paying a tribute common to them all.

Tripple cheers to you CountryGringo!
:mug::mug::mug:

I saw Merle Haggard in concert last Thursday. I can now die a happy man.

im surprised george strait isn't anywhere on here

I think my computer is about to die on me as it's having a tough time loading my own thread pages and I haven't been able to watch some of them. Damn computers.

Hopefully somebody posted some George Strait for you. These links, at least on my side are tainted with some chick talking about something else. Hope these links don't do the same for you friend.

Here they are

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_915/george-strait/tpx_2113195

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_915/george-strait/tpx_2113208

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_915/george-strait/tpx_2113242

I'm not a big fan of country but I love Leo Kottke and he did some covers I have come to love.

Pamela Brown -Tom T. Hall
Saginaw Michigan - ?
Louise -?

jgln. I think I got the songs right. Maybe not the man, but hope you enjoy :eek:

Here's the last from your list

jgln. I think I got the songs right. Maybe not the man, but hope you enjoy :eek:

Here's the last from your list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_e-XCtRoH8

Yeah that is him and the songs. Just saw him in concert last week. Do you like his songs? He is a very good guitar player and a funny story teller in concert. let me find you him doing Saginaw Michigan on a German TV show. They act the story out as he plays. Funny.

Yeah that is him and the songs. Just saw him in concert last week. Do you like his songs? He is a very good guitar player and a funny story teller in concert. let me find you him doing Saginaw Michigan on a German TV show. They act the story out as he plays. Funny.

Being honest, never heard of the guy until you mentioned him, with the inernet at our finger tips looked him up.

I do like his music and can never resist a good guitar player.

Wait. That might have come out wrong.

Musicians, especially acoustic guitar players I admire a lot.

Back