For your viewing pleasure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's gonna be hard for you to view much of anything after I poke your eyes out with a rusty spoon.

And what's worse, you couldn't even do a "true" RR. To make it authentic, you had to tell us it was something else, like a link to some pr0n or whatever.

Your RR gets a C-minus for lack of originality, and the fact that it's actually a semi-malicious RR.

Orpheus I enjoy many of your posts sometimes when others don't... Not this time, I am going to be much more careful clicking the links in the future. ;)

(I can't believe foxfire let the browser be hijacked like that)

Yeah, you know, I love a good rickroll---I mean, who doesn't?---but the browser hijack is over the effin' top for me. I got got with that one last week and it pissed me off.

Evan! said:
Yeah, you know, I love a good rickroll---I mean, who doesn't?---but the browser hijack is over the effin' top for me. I got got with that one last week and it pissed me off.

You know...I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves a good rick roll. I even get out of my chair and do the little rick dance...you know the one. "Nevah gonna give, Nevah gonna give, Nevah gonna give you up!" :rockin:

Rick Astley has got to be the one of the foremost pioneers in modern rock...and he really brought music videos into the 80's. I don't know about you but it just doesn't get any better than this. I celebrate his entire collection! :mad:

Here's the Cliff's Notes:

6c7347c4ca0e6a1b4ab1906004846845.jpg

http://imagechan.com/images/6c7347c4ca0e6a1b4ab1906004846845.jpg

I don't know about all you Windows folks, but I run Linux and use Firefox. The result of that little joke was that I was unable to save files. I was able to print out the 10 pages of work that I did. I now just have to type it over. That'll be really ****ing great for my carpal tunnel. Seriously. **** you.

In addition, I had about thirty firefox tabs open in different windows. This included eBay auctions I was watching, new sites I was following, etc. Much of it was bookmarked, but a lot of it was research material where I had stumbled upon a great resource and was planning on looking at it further later tonight. It's lost. It's all lost because I can't "Restore Session" for obvious reasons.

Can we get a mod to delete this thread before somebody else has to put up with this?

It was no big deal here, either listen to the whole thing or end task. I sent it to lots of people and everyone got a kick out of it.

Sir Humpsalot said:
I don't know about all you Windows folks, but I run Linux and use Firefox. The result of that little joke was that I was unable to save files. I was able to print out the 10 pages of work that I did. I now just have to type it over. That'll be really ****ing great for my carpal tunnel. Seriously. **** you.

In addition, I had about thirty firefox tabs open in different windows. This included eBay auctions I was watching, new sites I was following, etc. Much of it was bookmarked, but a lot of it was research material where I had stumbled upon a great resource and was planning on looking at it further later tonight. It's lost. It's all lost because I can't "Restore Session" for obvious reasons.

Can we get a mod to delete this thread before somebody else has to put up with this?
seriously?
just X out of it and hit space bar untill it goes away
thought it was funny but ive seen something like it before

Sir Humpsalot said:

zach@zach-desktop:~$killall -9 mozilla-firefox

OR

keep a little force quit on your taskbar?

OR just hit hold enter till it goes away.

THEN when you restart FF, you can restore the session.

and just because bird deleted it:

[YOUTUBE]eBGIQ7ZuuiU[/YOUTUBE]

It was obviously meant as a joke, with no harm intended. It shouldn't have harmed your computer. It's just a pain in the ass that can be ended by 30 seconds of pressing the X.

BTW, the video no longer works.

Orpheus said:
It was obviously meant as a joke, with no harm intended. It shouldn't have harmed your computer. It's just a pain in the ass that can be ended by 30 seconds of pressing the X.

BTW, the video no longer works.

You may think it was a joke, but browser hijacking of any type is malware, and it is bad form to knowingly post something like that without warning people... If you read through the thread some people lost a lot of info,

Sir Humpsalot said:

It messed my computer up as well....but nothing I was working on got lost....In a community of trust like this place is, it's just not cool...I've been very hesitant to open any links on this forum today where I can't see what it is linking too....

Dude said:
Cry us a river, babies. You shouldn't have clicked on it then.

It's just a freakin' Rick Roll. I got got because I was the first or second one to open the thread---but after the requisite "damn, I got rickrolled again" posts, anyone should be able to make an informed choice about whether or not to click.

Orpheus still gets the ol' rusty-spoon-in-the-eyes for rickrolling me though...:D

Sir Humpsalot said:

You lost 10 pages of work and 30 FF tabs because you didn't feel like hitting "enter" or clicking "OK" a few dozen times? WTF!?:confused: If your entire browser and other systems are ruinated by a simple browser-jack, then I'd say it's time to throw linux in the trash can.

I'm pretty sure you can disable those pop up messages in Firefox anyways, not the pop up windows but the one's we're talking about in the removed link.

Back