Holy crap I hit the jackpot!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machfive

Reaction score
Heres how it started...mindless Craigslist browsing at work (it was a slow day). i found an ad that was selling a good bit of beer making equipment, but what caught my eye was the estimated 100 grolsh style bottles. he wanted $125 for everything so i jumped at it. Turns out it was only 85 .5L bottles but also a ton of caps, a ingredient kit, 2 plastic fermentors (i'm gonna toss one), 2 airlocks, a Charlie Papazian book, and a bottle washer. Just wanted to sahre my good fortune with everyone. have a good one. :mug:

there is a kit on kijiji here now that includes 66 groulsh bottles... $50.. I almost messaged him but the rest of the stuff is so old.. maybe I should buy it and see what the obsession with these bottles is all about..

there is a kit on kijiji here now that includes 66 groulsh bottles... $50.. I almost messaged him but the rest of the stuff is so old.. maybe I should buy it and see what the obsession with these bottles is all about..

Way ahead of you....i replied to that same ad wondering if she'd sell just the bottles....she wants $30 for them......which works out to about .45 each....bit overpriced IMO but still cheaper than buying them new from a LHBS......i buy mine for .25 each..$3 bucks a dozen..:mug: Another thing to consider is with these being used for homebrew, you don't know the condition the gaskets are in, as they may have been used for many batches and have lots of wear on them....so buying new gaskets would be an option if they're in bad shape....and they are not all that cheap from what i've come to find out...but the more you buy, the cheaper they can get..:cross:

There was a guy that had about 180 of these bottles for sale on kijiji....msg'd him a few times with no reply back....:mad:

What bottles are you using now? These are alot easier to use for sure...Fischer bottles are nice too as they're brown and bigger(500ml)..:rockin:

I just bottled into some standard 12 and 22 oz bottles as they were allready to go. I think my next batch (EdWorts Apfelwein) will go into the grolsh bottles if i can trust my coworkers to bring them back:).

I just bottled into some standard 12 and 22 oz bottles as they were allready to go. I think my next batch (EdWorts Apfelwein) will go into the grolsh bottles if i can trust my coworkers to bring them back:).
It doesnt matter what Michigan's record is, as long as they beat Ohio State.

how'd that last work out for you weasel?

:off: yeah didnt go as i wanted it to but was i surprised? no. not after the rest of the season. but hey, as the guys in the office say, at leat they will get a good draft pick next year. ;)

Latest posts

Back