Plants and fernentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vonbrew

Reaction score
You think a plant would benefit from sitting next to my fermenting cider? Seems like it'd be a happy relationship with all that co2 just bubbling out.

I've read on fish tank forums that planted tank owners will ferment water, white sugar and bread yeast to make CO2 for that very reason. They get it in the fish tank with what we'd call a blow off tube.

Hmmm. Sounds like a good idea then. Plus my place could use something living in it besides for me and a packet of yeast.

I can tell you one thing.... These carnivorous pitcher plants sure do love when Mr. Carboy comes to visit.

image-341942810.jpg

I've read on fish tank forums that planted tank owners will ferment water, white sugar and bread yeast to make CO2 for that very reason. They get it in the fish tank with what we'd call a blow off tube.

a guy I grew up with did that for his house plants. then he got busted.

I can tell you one thing.... These carnivorous pitcher plants sure do love when Mr. Carboy comes to visit.

Your plants are beautiful. My pitcher plants were doing very well and I had started several cuttings from them but I gave everything away in the last 2 months as we prepare to move next year. I'll have to start again once we get settled in Arizona.

Back