Share Your Soda Syrup Recipes Here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schreck

Reaction score
I finally decided to give soda making a try after seeing one of Alton Brown's Good Eats episodes. I have been brewing beer and making wines/meads for a while now, and with the switch to kegging seeming ever more enticing, i cant wait to make seltzer/club soda and offer it on tap alongside my beer. After searching the forum, and looking in the recipe section, there is no place to post soda recipes. I am talking specifically about homemade syrups. Ones that we can make, and hopefully jar and preserve for a nice amount of time (similar to the extracts and syrups you can buy).

I am hoping this can serve as a place to share and compile our recipes. Hopefully we can help eachother and help others looking to give syrup making a try.

I took a large container of strawberries, cleaned them, then halved them. I ran them through a food processor, then I cooked them down in a pan to make a syrup. I put the syrup through a very fine sieve.

I then put 2 cups of water in a pot, heated it to just under a boil and added 2 cups of sugar - making a simple sugar syrup.

For drinks I used 1 tablespoon strawberry syrup and one tablespoon sugar syrup. Added seltzer. Blended it to taste (more strawberry syrup, more sugar). I mixed them together and used for making strawberry floats - a couple tablespoons strawberry and sugar syrup, then vanilla ice cream, then more syrup and more vanilla ice cream - followed up by seltzer. Strawberry floats were great! Strawberry soda? Not so much.

I've made syrups from both Rainbow and Gnome extracts......they turn out great.

I follow the recipe but only add 1/4 or 1/5th the amount of water specified. I then add 3/4 or 4/5 the ratio of carbonated water when I'm mixing it.

I bought a red bull extract. I was given a recipe with it to try a Red Bull clone. Although the Red bull clone recipe was a failure....With it a Red Bull soda was born!! I swear it tastes just like a cross between Red bull and Mountain Dew. I bought the extract from Bev Art Brewer and Winemaker Supply in Chicago Illinois. I think he packages the extract himself. The recipe he came up with is completely changed for the soda so you'll have to tweak it yourself.... or contact me!!! In it I put Caffeine and a B complex powder. Whooooooo doggy!!!! If you call Bev Art to buy it by mail tell him Tim McAtee Referred You!!!!:mug::rockin:

Back