Google Wave

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrVagabond

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here has heard of Google Wave, but it's a semi-interesting new product Google is working on. I've even managed to have a few brewing related discussions there!

If anyone is interested, I have 6 invites free to give out. First come, first serve.

I have been trying it on and off for a few weeks. Every time I try to look at one of the larger waves, my browser slows to a crawl and eventually crashes.

Yeah, I am not too impressed with it right now. Knowing google though I am sure they will polish it up. It is of course still in Beta so you have to expect some issues.

I think gmail is officially out of beta. The tag is gone from the logo at any rate.

Wave has some real potential. We've used it a fair bit lately to brainstorm on some projects, it's working out really well. I've definitely noticed the slowdown as the wave gets longer or as the concurrent user count goes up.

Anyone want to send me an invite? I'd appreciate it.

dunnright00 at gmail dot com

I see that you can't use your Google docs log in? You have to start a new account?

I don't think Wave is even in beta yet. More like alpha, or as they say "preview." I think we can expect at least one use for it whenever they get the bugs worked out.

And if anybody needs an invite, I've got six. Send me a PM.

I tried sending you a PM but it says your inbox is full.

Didn't you ask me for an invite a couple of weeks ago? If you haven't seen it yet, just be patient, they are throttling the invites to avoid potential congestion.

Edit: My bad, I was thinking of someone else. I'll PM you now for your email address.

I've got some invites too. PM me your address if you want one. The invites seem to be going through faster now. When I got mine from a member, it took almost 2 weeks to receive it. I sent my fiancee one yesterday, and she got it within 20 minutes.

Google recently announced that is is caught up sending out invites to those who wanted them (invites and on the request site.) Following this they boosted the number of invites available to current wavers, if anyone wants one, I have 21. PM me.

if someone wants to throw an nvite my way id be more than happy to join in and ...i promise i wont talk about poopin in the bottling bucket

Back