Brewing in the rain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mknox4354

Reaction score
Just wanted to see who else says screw the weather. I'm brewing outside today no matter what. It's raining like crazy here and nothing going to stop me from brewing. Cheers to those who brew no matter what the weather throws at us.

I brew in my garage so rain doesn't bother me. However, the garage is detached so I do have to walk the fermenter into the house. Brew rain or shine.

slomo said:
I brew in my garage so rain doesn't bother me. However, the garage is detached so I do have to walk the fermenter into the house. Brew rain or shine.

Good for you man. I bought a pop up that I just brew under. It comes in handy for really sunny days too

I only brew at night during the summer cuz it gets way too hot in my shadeless back yard. I've been sunburnt more than once on a brew day. Brewing in the garage is out, but big blue tarps (~$7 at Academy/Wal-Mart) and some bungee cords are a life-saver on my brew day.

I don't blame you before I got the pop up canopy I was dying. I brew on my deck and the sun was killing me

I have two brews now Raindrop Rye and Overcast for good reason

I've brewed in rain, sun, -5 degrees, colder, etc.

Whatever Mother Nature throws at me, I need to continue brewing!!!

Back