were do I get the best beginner keg system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirkwooder

Emperor of all things nobody cares about
Reaction score
I would like to start kegging my home brew for the first time, I have nothing but the "beer" fridge, and I was wondering where I could get the best deal on the complete system.

I have found a few systems from online vendors, but not knowing anything about any of it, i thought that I would ask for advise from all of you fine folks.

Has anyone else done this receantly? Good, bad, or indiffernt about the system you purchased?

Would I be better off buying parts and building a system? My father worked for Coke for 30 years so I know a bit about soda dispensing systems, and can't imagine beer is that much diffrent. I may even be able to scrounge up some kegs and other equipment if I had to, but would rather buy a complete working system.

Would It be better to spend the extra money and get new kegs or are the used ones god enough?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks

I just purchased from kegconnection and couldn't be happier. Give them a call or shoot them an email. They will help figure out what you need and what you don't. I dealt with Todd and he was very helpful.

Keg Connection or Home Brew Party. Great people with matching prices and very helpful. Can't recommend either enough. Both ship flat rate for 8 bucks. I just ordered a custom keezer kit from keg connection.

Used kegs are good. Just make sure thry hold pressure. Then rebuild it if you want. I do.

I bought my two tap kegerator from BeverageFactory.com. I was able to get everything i needed at a pretty decent price and it only took about a week to ship the whole thing. They also have parts and supplies that you'll need as you kegging needs grow.

Good luck!

Birdman Brewing is another good option. I've done business with them and have been completely satisfied.

I got my keg, fittings, and tap from cornykeg.com. Prices were reasonable, and their customer service was very responsive.

Latest posts

Back