Brewer's Best Imperial Blonde Ale; what hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdrollason

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have brewed this kit twice and never wrote down what hops were used. If anyone is making this soon, I would love to know what hops are used and the alpha acids.
Thanks,
Jimmay.

my kit had:
1.5 oz Brewer's Gold bittering hops AA 9.4%
0.5 oz Cascade aroma hops AA 6.4 %
0.5 oz Cascade flavoring hops AA 6.2%

Great results from this kit. Friends and family drank it all rather quickly but I've saved 4 swing-top Grolsch bottles for later to see how it matures. I will definitely buy this kit again and +1 on being the favorite of the BB kits.

Did any of you use 2 yeast packets? I've been reading that it may help with a higher gravity like this one. I got 2 just in case. It came with Safale US05. Any thoughts?

Did any of you use 2 yeast packets? I've been reading that it may help with a higher gravity like this one. I got 2 just in case. It came with Safale US05. Any thoughts?

I have always just used the one packet supplied by the kit. It always attenuated out perfectly. US-05 has an alcohol tolerance of 12 %. If you want to be sure about the pitch rate, then use Mr. Malty (www.mrmalty.com). Also make sure you aerate the hell out of that wort once you are cooled down.

Back