What to salvage out of broken gas range?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpr121

Reaction score
So the control panel went bad on our 14 yr old gas range. Replacement of the panel alone would cost $450 not including labor so the wife and I have decided its time to just buck up and get a new range.

Instead of trying to scrap or sell it were just having HD take it off our hands when the new one is delivered next week.

Is there anything I can somewhat easily salvage outta this thing that I can use for brewing before it gets taken away? My brewing setup is all electric so I dont think I'd have any use for the burners themselves.

im watching this as well, just unhooked my old ge gas range last night, my new delivery is scheduled between 1 and 5 today and they are hauling away the old.

Can't think of any Brew related ideas, but I have had an idea for a few months to use my old range as a smoker, piped up to an old wood stove. Might be crazy.

Can't think of any Brew related ideas, but I have had an idea for a few months to use my old range as a smoker, piped up to an old wood stove. Might be crazy.

Yea the wife definitely wouldn't go for that! Cool idea though!

I'll probably at least take out the racks and keep the top grates.

Latest posts

Back