When Krausen ATTACKS!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat x nub

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Making some "very high alcoholic beverages" and when they say turbo yeast they really mean it. Look what happened after an hour

Im not fearing the star san foam!
img0169ks8.jpg

Had to make a blow off tube for this...if it wasnt for this foum I would have been done for cuz i learned how to do that here :ban:
img0171hi3.jpg

That poor airlock couldn't take anymore
img0172dv4.jpg

img0174jw0.jpg

I had to put a plate under it cuz then the bucket of water started to fill up with krausen...im expecting my kitchen to be covered tomorrow morning
img0179za9.jpg

Let's keep this thread on topic concerning fermented beverages. If your intent is to ferment the wash to a high ABV neutral "wine," then add flavored extract to create a liqueur, please post the results. If, however, you will be concentrating the result via freezing, evaporation, or other means, the discussion is not for HBT.

Let's keep this thread on topic concerning fermented beverages. If your intent is to ferment the wash to a high ABV neutral "wine," then add flavored extract to create a liqueur, please post the results. If, however, you will be concentrating the result via freezing, evaporation, or other means, the discussion is not for HBT.

I'm just fermenting and adding extract

Ok....i would highly reccomend not doing this. I have a HUGE headache now and my body is n a cold sweat. The stuff doesn't taste good and it makes me want to never drink hard liquor again. It turned yellow and at the end it just wasn't worth the trouble. I need a beer. Just think of a gallon glass jug pee and thats what it looks like

So I guess that means we can't discuss brewing an Eisbock here either?

So I guess that means we can't discuss brewing an Eisbock here either?

Sure Does.
This is my new stance. I totally disagree that it should be illegal to concentrait alcohol, but the fact that it's illegal means we should respect that. Same as the Hemp threads. We should not be willing to risk such a great place over such trivial discussion.

Sure Does.
This is my new stance. I totally disagree that it should be illegal to concentrait alcohol, but the fact that it's illegal means we should respect that. Same as the Hemp threads. We should not be willing to risk such a great place over such trivial discussion.

I understand and agree with 100% of what you are saying. Just wondering why we are moderating a thread in the Photo forum regarding concentrating alcohol but so many Eisbock threads received no moderation at all.

I understand and agree with 100% of what you are saying. Just wondering why we are moderating a thread in the Photo forum regarding concentrating alcohol but so many Eisbock threads received no moderation at all.

Point taken. Don't know. I will have to say that Yuri jumped on the hemp thread once I pointed out that illegal is illegal...weather it is distillation, dope, or robbery, it's all illegal, and should not be here. Good Job Yuri.

I will also point out that X_Nub was not intending to distill this...although I suspect now that he might wish he had.:cross:

Point taken. Don't know. I will have to say that Yuri jumped on the hemp thread once I pointed out that illegal is illegal...weather it is distillation, dope, or robbery, it's all illegal, and should not be here. Good Job Yuri.

I will also point out that X_Nub was not intending to distill this...although I suspect now that he might wish he had.:cross:

yeah...i wish i could do that...if only i was in new zealand. it was terrible, absolutely terrible. I decided to let it age for a year, though i doubt that will do anything.

Back