Extract IPA Reccomendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fordzilla

Reaction score
A friend of mine wants to get into brewing. He loves hoppy, grapefruity, citrusy IPAs. I am not a big IPA drinker, though I am getting into them more lately. I only just brewed my first IPA recently.

Could someone reccomend me a good extract recipe (even a kit would be OK) for a nice grapefruity IPA?

Whell, I'm new too. I would pick any ipa from NB or Midwest brewing. It's not very fruity, but I love Midwest ferocious ipa. I think it's about 6.5 abv, very hoppy and very good! Not cheap,but its worth it!

My DFH 60 minute clone is very grapefruity! You'd need simcoe and amarillo hops, though. I'm not sure how available they are.

There recipe is in the recipe database with the other IPA recipes, or you can click under my avatar under "recipes".

benco, could you provide the full recipe for the Ferocious IPA? They give most of the ingredients on their site but not quite all. 1 oz "bittering hops" for example.

Yooper, I have to say that is a pretty awesome recipe. I know DFH IPAs always say "continously hopped" but I never thought about what it would be like to brew one! I will definitely give that one a try.

Well Yooper, you win! We are doing a 10 gallon batch of your extract variation tomorrow. Should be interesting!

I've done yoopers extract dfh clone, its amazing! You won't be let done. Its my goto IPA recipe, although I now brew AG.

Back