My bonehead move of the day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt2778

Reaction score
Well being as that I'm a stay at home dad I try and get my bottling done during babies nap time. Today I boiled and cooled my priming syrup and added it to my priming bucket. I grabbed my autosyphon and for some reason I looked in my bucket and perceived the syrup as left over sanatizer. So I dumped it my sanitizing bucket(which was filled with five gallons of starsan). I realized what I had done almost immediately and had to make and cool the syrup all over again. Of course the baby wakes up as I'm bottling and proceeded to complicate the clean up part of the process. What normally should take just over an hour took almost two. Guess it could have been worse and I could have not reprimed.

LOL

I did an ole faithful my first time with my siphon, Racked it fast then looked up just in time to see it come down on my face and splash into my cool wert!!

Wow, you get things done when your baby is sleeping?!?

me = jealous

That's what I was thinking! I'm a stay at home dad too and the one thing that is GUARANTEED is that any time I need to get something done during nap time is when the kids decided to cut nap time short or not nap at all.

What's the point of cooling the priming syrup? I rarely bottle anymore, but I can't imagine the worry over the temperature affect 3/4 cup of boiling syrup has in 5 gallons of room temperature liquid.

What's the point of cooling the priming syrup? I rarely bottle anymore, but I can't imagine the worry over the temperature affect 3/4 cup of boiling syrup has in 5 gallons of room temperature liquid.

+1 to not cooling the sugar. just dump it into the bottling bucket, then add the beer to the syrup. no worries doing that

Latest posts

Back