Ghetto HERMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMPLER

Reaction score
Let me explain.

I had sold my old two tier brew stand to fund the building of me new Brutus knock off single tier. Well, it's been a long time since i have brewed and can't take the urge any longer. I need to be brew and my new stand is not completed yet.

So, I'm planning an quick brew session this week attempting to use my new HERMS set up and my first time mashing in a Sanke. All while boiling on a turkey cooker. I will be circulating with a March pump and using the HERMS to control the temp of the mash. Call me crazy but I'm hoping this ghetto set up will produce a delicious brew. At least I will have fun doing it.

Anyone out there have a crazy set up like this that actually works. Let's see your ghetto set up.

Cheers

Forgot to mention that I am planning a 10 gal. batch. I have 8 empty cornies that are desperately needing to be filled.

Any input or suggestion would be great!

Anyone out there have a crazy set up like this
...like what? you didnt explain anything about the equipment that you have. "HERMS" can be done a dozen different ways.

Back