What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a 22oz of my lemon wheat I brewed on the 4th of July mixed in with my bottles of chocolate stout. Drinking the lemon wheat & watchin Christmas Vacation. Stout is next.

Johnnie Black Label. Currently away in the middle of nowhere at a work camp for the next week and a half, no good beer for miles and miles :(

With that said I'm still loving my whisky!

Two Brothers-Long Haul session ale 4.2% its no miller lite. french oak malty deliciousness.

Blue Point is regional to Long Island isn't it? Still haven't visited..shame on me. That's a good beer. (As is their toasted lager if you like amber)

When I was working in NYC but coming home to Albany on weekends, I would get Blue Point on draft in Penn Station. I wonder if they still have it there (it was a place on the lower level). Very tasty for the long train ride home!

Strange Brewing Co, Denver, Cherry Bomb Stout. It is awesome to live in a place where there are a dozen or so craft breweries within a four mile radius of my home :)

strangecheery.jpg

Been drinking SN Celebration and NB Snowday for a couple of weeks. Have a belgian-bottle of Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse I'm planning on sharing with a couple of friends tonight. Tried Firestone-Walker IPA last night. Awesome beer. They must use high sulfate water - the hops are uber-crisp. One of the most flavorful IPAs I've had. Kind of funny though - I saw a spot on a wine show about them and they were talking about their limited distribution area and how they think craft-brew should be a local/regional thing, then I find a six pack (last one) on a shelf at HY-VEE in Missouri. Has anyone tried their other varieties?

Just did a beer bong of busch light with my roommate (he's going out to drink pitchers of bud). Cracking open an apfelwein right now, and will be trading a homebrew for some fat squirrel and spotted cow once my other buddy gets here!

Tonight my tab will be on the bar since my band is playing so I will probably start off with an arrogant bastard then go to pbr on tap =D

The last of my cream ale while watching the Canadien. They'll probably stink up the joint (again), but at least the beer is good.

My german british american pale wheat wich probalby is just a well rounded american pale ale(ingredience wise)I noticed this now at 5 months bottled has an ass load of head now,also tastes a little like 2 brothers session ale.Its also 4.5% maybe a bit to hoppy for that gravity. Used opal,middlefru,and palisades a bit over the top but dry and summerable.

Also my nugget pale ale,which im pretty proud of currently.Used nugget and simcoe, german wheat munich, german caramunich gambrinus pilsner,breiss 6 row, gambrinus pale ale/ DME. And did fwh. Oh and cl2 instead of the usual gypsum. Fermented notty over 65 deg also. Couldnt be happier. Also liking using this organic cane sugar to prime with now. For hitting 1.006 it taste pretty malty/and maybe the sweetness from the simco? I was expecting dry but had a carmel/candied sweetness thing.Im assuming you dont get much sweetness from a finish this low im guessing the pilsner/caramunich? Or simco hops.?

My own creations; american amber ale, and roasted warrior pale ale. While boiling an oatmeal coconut stout. Can't wait to try this one!!

my saison,I think these could blow if they hit temps around 70 next summer bettter drink them or chill them while they are this good currently, took two months til they hit goodness. Slight foaming now, but creamy and tastey. I got my eye on you Mr.Saison! Dont blow out your tasteyness so soon.Keep it together while its good my friend. Whats up with that crud ring in the bottles t-58?Will it get worse or just sit on top?

Since I'm at work at the moment I'm drinking a cup of sensao coffee and smoking dunhill 965 out of one of my favorite don Carlos pipes. When I get home however, I have a heffe on tap along with my wife's Irish red. If I'm feeling too lazy to run out to the brewery I'll grab a big glass of Budweiser challada.

Just got to Oakland yesterday, and made sure to pick up Pliny the Elder as soon as I could.

Very, very good, but overhyped IMO.

image-3214171788.jpg

I 've had 2 - two hearted clones, 2 shots of Flor de Cana rum and now a third two hearted has made it into my hand...to bad I have work tomorrow.

And? How's it drinking. Mine is great, but I got some seriously uneven carb levels in my bottles. Next time I'm kegging this.

It was the first bottle I popped. Opened it right at 3 weeks after bottling so I had low expectations for a beer that finished that low and had to be re-yeasted, still minimally carbed. It's a bit more sour than the JP version, but it'll be a nice beer when it's ready.

Latest posts

Back