• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brewing Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byou3g

Reaction score
I listed this on here before and sold it three separate times. The problem always was shipping, so this time, to avoid confusion, it is local pickup only (Saginaw, East Lansing, or Metro Detroit, Michigan). I knocked off $400 from the price to compensate. I am asking $800 for the setup. I made a new listing as it was easier than changing the old one. The

Now for the details: I combined three commercial stockpot stoves with low pressure, multi-ring burners to make a basis for a brewing rig. Each burner has two separate controls for it so it so you can run either independently or both at the same time. The pilot light is stainless steel, is adjustable, and works for both rings. The absolute enormous cast iron burners are about as big as the bottom of a keg, so there is no chance for heat dispersion problems. The split burners are super useful for gentle heating of more delicate stuff or full bore quick boil situations. The grates are cast iron and are bomb proof. They are painted with grill paint to avoid rust (for cosmetic reasons). You can remove them for cleaning as well. They can fit kegs on them with a lot of room to spare. We have had even had 25 gallon pots on it and they fit well.

I used heavy aluminum c channel and industrial casters to make the rig mobile. I used it in its current form, but it is ready for automation should you choose to go that route. The two love controllers are brand new (never used) and come with brand new probes. I never saw the need to fully automate. Each stove has a separate propane hookup with its own high flow regulator, so using three separate propane tanks is an option or one large one can be used as well. I personally like having three so if one runs out, it is an easy swap without effecting the other burners.

I used it for 12 brew days and it is super clean. It cost over 2k in materials to build. Your pump of choice and even a Blichman chiller will fit below the burners on the shelf and mount easily using outdoor double sided tape or bolts if you wanted to drill mounting holes these items are not included). I am selling because I am in medical school and have no time in the foreseeable future to brew. I am in East Lansing, Mi (MSU) and would welcome local pickup. If you want to have it shipped, you will have to arrange pickup from Rochester Hills, Mi (it is a company, so the freight will be cheaper) and I will provide the pallet. I am asking $800 and accept Paypal. Email is the most efficient communication form.
50D558A4-9C60-4A61-A58C-77786AD40CC7.jpg

872C294E-6487-47EA-87A6-BCBBEA1CEDE6.jpg

1FE87207-B274-45E0-814A-540D7542EA78.jpg

AD395A0D-9C0E-4B81-BEC4-3AB71CF9E3FC.jpg

75FE6559-4997-4E6A-950C-A7E95F5E6B31.jpg

Pumps are not included, but will include them for $50 each if you buy the rig. Both have less than 10hrs of use. I will not sell the pumps on their own, for now.

Also, I re-listed this on here, but its going on ebay if not sold by Monday.

wish i could afford, that is awesome. If you end up having to go the ebay route, maybe you give just the pumps a shot here.. Dibs if ya do. Good luck on the whole rig sale though, its a steal and someone should grab it.

Latest posts

Back