BeerGas refill in Austin, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMista

Reaction score
Does anyone of a place where you can get BeerGas refills in Austin, TX.

I tried calling Airgas and they only do exchanges and their tanks are quite large. I was hoping I could buy a smaller 28 cubic foot one off of kegconnection.com and get it filled, but I am having a hard time finding a place that refills that type of gas.

Hey Austin
We refill CO2 tanks for $3.00 / lb. (only available in-store)
Austin Homebrew Supply
9129 Metric Blvd
Austin, TX 78758

Thank you, but when I said Beer Gas I was talking about the nitro mix (75% nitrogen, 25% CO2)

I know I'm very late on this thread, but did you find anyone in Austin to fill Beer Gas in Austin? I'm having some trouble too.

I would google welding supply stores in your area. Or fire eqpt supply stores. They may not have exactly 25/75, but I bet it would work for what you want

try praxair...that's where i go (in pa). and i realize the post is 3 years old but $3 a lb for co2 is robbery.

Very old post but I'm having the same issue! Where to fill a 5lb Nitro tank with beer gas in Austin, TX? Any experience?

Does anyone of a place where you can get BeerGas refills in Austin, TX.

I tried calling Airgas and they only do exchanges and their tanks are quite large. I was hoping I could buy a smaller 28 cubic foot one off of kegconnection.com and get it filled, but I am having a hard time finding a place that refills that type of gas.

I am having the same issue in Austin. Any luck??

I live in Virginia. I use Arcet (or whatever they are called now). They exchange tanks, so no waiting. a 5# cost about $18. no issues with the quality of the co2, being they are an industrial supplier - some of my friends thought they may have oil or rust prohibitors in the gas :eek:)

I'm replying to this old thread in case anyone is interested, but also to serve as a note to myself for later reference... :D

Just talked to someone at Alamo Welding (613 Chicon St, in Austin TX, 512-596-5368) under the guise that I would be walking in with nothing to buy a beergas setup (75% nitrogen/25% CO2) outright. Here's the info I got:

Nitrogen regulator, $70

40 cu ft tank (comparable in size to a 10# CO2 tank): $156.92 for the tank, $25 for the fill

20 cu ft tank (comparable in size to a 5# CO2 tank): $90.77 for the tank, $22 for the fill

If you're not in a hurry and want to save a bit of money (especially for a 40 cu ft tank), seems like the thing to do would be to order your tank from Scott (see this thread) and take it in for a swap.

A tank swap would run just the cost of the fill; if the old tank were outside the test date, $20 for a new hydro test. So worst case scenario for a swap would be ~$45 for 40 cu ft/~$42 for 20 cu ft.

I know of, but hadn't called Alamo. So will they simply fill my 20 ft3 tank with Beer gas if I walk in?

Back