Late Harvest in NC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HambonesBrews

Reaction score
I planted my first rhizomes in May and have been anticipating the harvest ever since. I have a cascade and centennial plant. From what I have read, the NC harvest period is typically mid August. Well, it's mid September and I just spotted flowers on my cascade plant and have yet to see anything on the centennial. Is there still hope for the centennial and is this a later than usual bloom for cascades? Check out photos here - http://www.lukesbrews.blogspot.com/2012/09/homegrown-hops-harvest-is-near.html

Hopefully these centennial's start popping soon!

Raleigh, here. I harvested my first year Cascades back in mid-August. They probably have a few months until the first frost. I would just keep an eye on them and if you get some, you get some, but from what I've read the real harvests start with 2nd and 3rd year plants.

Thanks Darwin. Would love to get close to the NC State hop project there in Raleigh! I will stay patient but hopefully get a little something to hold me over til next year.

I also had about an ounce off my first year cascades here in charlotte there are a whole lot more waiting to be picked in a few weeks

Back