Anybody have a plant or rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayer021175666

Reaction score
I would like to grow some hops this year but, they seem harder than heck to get because I'm in Idaho so a lot of places won't ship them here because Idaho produces a lot of hops. I guess it's something to protect the hop businesses. Anyway, I was hoping somebody would have Cascade and Centennial plants or even rhizomes. I'm a first-time grower so, I'd prefer the plants. I hear that's a better way to do it because it's faster, too. Anyway, if you can help me out. I'd appreciate it.
Thank you guys

If the company you order from can provide certification that the plants are disease free you should be able to get them sent to you. I believe only Oregon and Washington suppliers with a special permit from the Idaho state dept of ag can send to Idaho or it may be that you need a permit yourself I’m not sure. It may help going to local brew shops or even a hop farm and asking about it

Checked out Great Lakes Hops, but they don't ship there, either. It's a shame, as they sell plants, just as you requested.

Have you had any luck finding anyone who can sell you a plant?

Update:
Well, I was told that you can't really get any hops to grow your first year because the rhizome doesn't have enough root system but, mine are growing just fine! They are Cascades and the cones about an inch long. I don't really know what size they should be but, they're definitely growing! :)

Back