Just bragging a bit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won the district bee back in middle school... but don't worry, he still has a chance to turn out better than me :)

Cool! A good kids movie about spelling bees is "Akeelah and the Bee"

congrats, i spent 2 hours tonight on my boys spelling, so i dont think i will ever see a spelling bee, much less a winner.

"...i dont think i will ever see a spelling bee, much less a winner."

Just got back from an Honor's Breakfast for my daughter. FWIW - She can't spell for sht! Seriously! And she reads like crazy!

I wouldn't worry if your kid can't spell. There is ample opportunity to do well even so.

Just got back from an Honor's Breakfast for my daughter. FWIW - She can't spell for sht! Seriously! And she reads like crazy!

I wouldn't worry if your kid can't spell. There is ample opportunity to do well even so.

THAT brings back memories - my daughter (31 now) was straight A's, read voraciously, but couldn't spell worth a damn. I told her poor spelling, no matter how smart you are, reflects poorly. She said she just didn't have time to learn trivial stuff like that. Funny, but she finally got there - she does fine now.

Congrats, Bernie! happy to hear of your son's success.

Latest posts

Back