brewing with gost pepper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudds67

Reaction score
Anybuddy every try it? I just started a batch 2 days ago and threw in about a teaspoon of the wonderful goodness at the last 5 mins of the boil..should inpart a smokyness bite...time will tell..lol..stay tuned..

Your ass is gonna be burnin...:cross: I went through a container of that stuff. It's smokiness is under flavored compared to the heat.

If you want to taste what your getting into, try ghost face killah, I think it's made by Twisted pine(just googled it). C.I.B made a beer with I think it was the Trinidad scorpion pepper, and it tasted like burning

Haha...hm well I hav been cooking with it for the last few years (chef here). So I understand the heat...but also love the background smokyness....I'm hoping the heat. Goes a little away with the fermination but time will tell...making it from a wheat beer with hints of with cloves and. Nutmeg

The heat will not go away, at least not significantly enough to make the beer enjoyable IMO.

What about a less spicy hot pepper that still has the smokiness? Jamaican Chocolate Hab for example, or even get a little funky and shoot for Pasilla Bajio.

Back