Yeast hanging up on Better Bottle..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recluse

Reaction score
Not sure where this post should go, so it is going here :mug:

Have a lager lagering in the garage in a 3 gallon Better Bottle. It is clearing nicely, but it seems that there is a layer of yeast haze slowly sedimenting, but hung up on one of the 'shoulders' of the bottle. I thought it was just slowly going down, but it's been about 2 weeks and it is still there. Can't tell if it is a band of the entire volume or just hanging on the walls. If I shake it a little I get a few streamers sedimenting further.

Thoughts? Ideas? It has at least another 2 weeks to go, though the temps are warming up which might further slow the sedimentation.

i think that just happens with yeast sometimes, if it finds a place to collect, it will. it's only on the surface of the bottle, so nothing to worry about.

I get that all the time and I use glass carboys. I just 'spin' the carboy a couple of times and it drops right out. I 'spun' a brown ale carboy just this morning before leaving for work.

Back