good advice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackfrost

Reaction score
Hey so normally I let my cider go for 2 weeks rack age a month....but I was wondering if any one has gone a week then cold crashed then bottled in like 10 days? What flavors did you get any one like it?
I started with organic 1 gallon apple juice from whole foods(they blend few types of apples) 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup corn syrup with aged vanilla and one clove and 1/2 cinnamon stick. Sg. 1.05 want to finish around 1.01. For semi sweet about 5.5 ABC ( around here ppl are used to 3.2 water aka pi$$) so I dnt want my friends to go nuts. Any advice would be appreciated!

I do 1 gallon batches with 2 week fermentations all the time. Its a quick way to make a low ABV cider for people to drink that don't like beer. I usually let it ferment for 2 weeks (instead of one) and then just rack it back into the original (cleaned and sanitized) container it came in.

My method is, 1 cup of brown sugar and a handful of raisins into a gallon of juice with a half pack of Nottingham. Let it go two weeks, rack and put it in the fridge. It's not aged so leaving the extra sugar helps smooth out the alcohol in a young cider.

OG: 1.065 to FG: 1.020 - 8% abv?

I do one gallon batches so it will be consumed rather quickly...if not it will pop the cap on the jug if you let it sit too long. It's 'still' and not fancy...but it tastes pretty good.

Back