New member/AG from Philly Burbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyerwire

Reaction score
Hey, been lurking a while and finally joined prior to the jump to AG. I've been brewing extract for a bit and decided to take the plunge and go AG about 3-4 months ago... and now have completely geeked out on it and have gone from "just brew" to analyzing my water profile, etc.

I was mostly a kit brewer also so with the move to AG i've gotten much more experimental so i'm still only scratching the surface on yeast info and hell, even hop adds and timing vs what it does to aroma/flavor... All i know is that so far I've liked all the beer I've brewed, which was my main goal! :mug:

Anyway, i live in Springfield, PA which is just south of Philly and since joining this site have spent more money then I've planned on. (who wants a small kegerator, i need a keezer that can hold 8 cornies!!!! 3 taps so far and counting). I only know one other HB'er who mainly was the reason I got back into it and moved to AG so am always looking for others in the area to sample/chat/trade.

Flyerwire - Scott

Welcome to the site. My gf is in Newtown Square so I'm down your way quite a bit mostly hanging around Iron Hill in Media. That's a pretty big step going from kits to AG, good luck.

Welcome to the site. My gf is in Newtown Square so I'm down your way quite a bit mostly hanging around Iron Hill in Media. That's a pretty big step going from kits to AG, good luck.

yeah, i actually stopped for a few years also, then when i came back i decided to jump in head first. LOTS of learning still to do. For about 3-4 months before i brewed my first AG batch i pretty much read everything i could here and other places online and over saturated myself with information

Latest posts

Back