What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dom Perignon 1989, have had the bottles for like over 10 years in my wine cellar. Just a touch to dry for my tastes but the wife and her friends absolutely fawned over it. Still not a bad way to toast the new year (had 3 bottles of the same year).

-deicide

a Deicide fan enjoying Dom is like a dirty street punk enjoying Johnny Walker Blue. here's to destroying moronic misconceptions regarding music genre and personal taste!

Billy-Klubb said:
a Deicide fan enjoying Dom is like a dirty street punk enjoying Johnny Walker Blue. here's to destroying moronic misconceptions regarding music genre and personal taste!

Just blame it on god

Is that label infected or was it just happy to see you. If my wife just liked the style other then Lindemans

Lol. I got to wondering how old it was, but there was no indication of age on the bottle. There were some markings that looked like they might be a batch code or something so maybe the interwebs can tell me more.

As for now I'm back to an old favorite while heating up the mash water for my American barleywine.

20130101_115033.jpg

Lol. I got to wondering how old it was, but there was no indication of age on the bottle. There were some markings that looked like they might be a batch code or something so maybe the interwebs can tell me more.

A little digging tells me it was bottled in May of 2008 after a long conditioning period. Additionally, it's made up of 90% mild 18 month old lambic, 5% strong 3 year old beer and 5% very young lambic

6 yr old 'scotch' barleywine I foolishly opened last night. I think I had one sip before I passed out on the couch. Considering it's been sitting on the coffee table with a coaster over the snifter for 10 hrs, it's darn fine.

TNGabe said:
6 yr old 'scotch' barleywine I foolishly opened last night. I think I had one sip before I passed out on the couch. Considering it's been sitting on the coffee table with a coaster over the snifter for 10 hrs, it's darn fine.

Hahaha. I did the same thing with a Delirium tremens! Poured it, took one sip and passed out on the couch..I put the finishing move on it after the gueze this early afternoon... Not too bad...I guess!

And on to the Biere de Mars. Gonna be hard to save a case of 22s til march, I think that only leave 8 for the next three months.

Hahaha. I did the same thing with a Delirium tremens! Poured it, took one sip and passed out on the couch..I put the finishing move on it after the gueze this early afternoon... Not too bad...I guess!

I need to put a sign on the fridge and the cellar door:

"Do not open good beers when drunk! This means you, Gabe."

I'm having coffee at the moment. Final tally for last night was: 1 imperial stout, 1 Hefeweizen, 1 cascade pale ale, 4 Boddingtons Pub Ale, and 3 chocolate stouts. 10 beers, and somehow, I'm not hungover today. I don't think I'll be drinking much beer today though...

Celebration, and I'll continue drinking it until I can't find more or my first batch comes out of fermentation!

View attachment 91592

Great Divide Titan IPA. Mmmm....chunky!

at least you know what the "chunky" is. I tried a chunky style beer from Pace. it tasted like cheap salsa and didn't even get a buzz. no carbonation even though I heard the top pop when I opened it. and it only comes in large mouth clear bottles.

Latest posts

Back