• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS: 10 gallon Rubbermaid Cooler MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtkratzer

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I built this to start all grain, but just purchased a three vessel
system. I put water in it overnight to check for leaks and it held
without a drop. Willing to ship. Make me an offer. I don't remember
what I paid to put it together. Cooler was new at the time of
assembly. It has a ball valve and stainless braid with food grade tube
to prevent it from crushing under the grain bed.

Pics...

I won't do $50 shipped. The cooler is almost $50 alone at Lowe's, the ball valve is another $8 and change. I know I'm not going to get all of my cash out of it, but I'm not going to take a 50% loss on a brand new item.

Just found my post on the thread. I spent about $80 on it after the military discount Lowe's offers. I put extra washers on the outside so the ball valve handle has a full range of motion.

image-178450171.jpg

image-1525666438.jpg

image-1345684343.jpg

Posted on craigslist this morning.

Well, how much did you post it on craigslist for, and how much are you looking to get? I'm interested, but would need it shipped to 18372. Let me know what you're looking for; maybe we can strike a deal.

Well, how much did you post it on craigslist for, and how much are you looking to get? I'm interested, but would need it shipped to 18372. Let me know what you're looking for; maybe we can strike a deal.

I posted it on CL for what I paid for it, $80, knowing the way the haggle game works. I know I won't get $80 for it, but like I said, getting $30-$40 for something I put $80, a drive to Lowe's and several other stores looking for those washers, and my time into and never used isn't going to work.

I'll do $65 pick up or $80 shipped. Pick up price is almost 20% less than the discounted price I paid to put it together and about 28% off the retail price of the parts.

Even at $80 shipped, these are going for $140 at my LHBS. Keg Cowboy wants $129+shipping, Northern Brewer wants $87 for the cooler alone or almost $125 for the complete system plus shipping.

$80 shipped is a steal.

You know, I just noticed this is a 10 gallon cooler. Quick question: would this be suitable to use for partial mashes and at best, 5 gallon batches? I'm *trying* to get into AG, but I'll more likely be doing PM until at least next year. Or will this size lose too much temp if it's not filled?

I used to go to Albright College, which looks to be right near where you live. Too bad I;m not still in the area. You aren't ever in the Pocono/Stroudsburg area by any chance?

You know, I just noticed this is a 10 gallon cooler. Quick question: would this be suitable to use for partial mashes and at best, 5 gallon batches? I'm *trying* to get into AG, but I'll more likely be doing PM until at least next year. Or will this size lose too much temp if it's not filled?

I used to go to Albright College, which looks to be right near where you live. Too bad I;m not still in the area. You aren't ever in the Pocono/Stroudsburg area by any chance?

I went to Lebanon Valley and we played Albright in most sports. I work in right next to the LVI Airport in Allentown and could bring it to work if you wanted to meet me there. It's probably 35-45 minutes depending on where you're at.

I don't know how well it would work for partial mash, but it's very suitable for 5 gallon batches. You could do some 10 gallon batches if you wanted, but you're going to max it at some point depending on the desired OG and grain bill. It's discussed thoroughly in the build thread.

I don't have any experience with it as I put it together with the all grain intentions and then I was out of the country and looking at a deployment that eventually was cancelled. So, I got back to looking for all grain equipment and I stumbled across the system I bought yesterday and now I don't need the cooler mash tun.

From what I've seen, $80 shipped is a steal. You shouldn't have any problems getting rid of this. Please let us know if the pick up falls through.

Here's where this is at:
Onipar is first in line - figuring out a time to meet for a pick up and if the schedules don't work, it's being shipped.

If that falls through, Ma23456 is inline for a payment/lay-away/pickup next time he's in town.

Third in line is dirkomatic for shipping.

Back