AHS Fat Tire Clone Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpilot

Reaction score
I know that some of you have used this kit, I ordered the all grain, since my LHBS will not have all the grains that I will require. I am curious as to whether or not any of you know the kits contents or stats... OG, FG, IBU etc... I read your posts and everyone seemed pleased, I am very excited to get this brewing. My wife drank all of my Raspberry Ale in a 4 week period while I was away working!!!! I have that recipe if anyone is interested as well! THANKS!!

Brewpilot

I only did the extract version, so I can't tell you the specifics on the all-grain version. I did post the exact recipe and the f.g. and the o.g. and the different yeasts I used (I made it twice). That post is from today, and it's around here somewhere.
Good luck on this brew- sounds great! I have two beers in primary now, with one more to go in, and then I"m doing all-grain myself. I might have to start a poll when I'm ready- "which beer should be my first all-grain?" There are so many choices and only so many years to brew......

Cheers!
Lorena

I have a raspberry ale that I made in Nov, my wife drank it all in a month, it is great, gotten alot of great reviews... I will loan you the recipe! Thanks for the info!

Brewpilot

My LHBS has a Fat Tire tribute extract kit that is a decent approximation (though my novice skills probably have more to do with the quality of the output than the ingredients). They're actually a mail-order business that happens to have store hours out of the warehouse. I can also personally recommend the Quackers Ale (Honkers Ale) and if you're feeling adventurous, the Mickey Finn's Wee Heavy - it packs a wallop :drunk:

Perfect Brewing

Here's my A.G. Fat Tire Clone it is spot on. I had my friends do blind taste test and it was right on. I call it Fat A$$ Ale (drink to many and you'll be)

5 gallons

7# 2 row
.5# Belgian Munich
.5# Belgian biscuit
.5# Crystal 20L
.5# Cara-pils
.25# Chocolate

.5 oz Perle (60 min)
.5 oz Cascade (30 min)
.5 oz Cascade (Aroma)

WhiteLabs California

OG 1.043 only 70% efficiency :~(