Crossing fingers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zocken

Reaction score
been in secondary for about a week. This weekend I was gone and when i came back I realized I had left the light on in my "brewery" (read converted walk in closet). Before this the beer was actually pretty clear. when first racked it had a slightly alcoholic smell to it, before this weekend that had given way to a sweet smell. well when I got back i noticed what looked like dry yeast floating on top of the beer along with some foam, but not even enough to cover the whole top (did not have enough to completely fill 5 gal secondary). for the past 2 days though the "head has increased to about a 1/2 inch to an inch and you can still see what looks like dry yeast in it. Also it has a yellowish cloud towards the top.

With that high a racking gravity, I suspect the fermentation started up again. Check the current gravity.

hmmm recipe called for about 1.012, i figured that was what was going on though kinda erked though, was planning on bottling this weekend. oh well more apv is always good :rockin:

OK well it has stopped "refermenting and everything has died down, like i said it had been in secondary about a week before this started and I was planning on bottling sunday, but now should I let it set another week or should I see what it looks like sunday (it was very clear before this started, now not so much)

Latest posts

Back